Assistant General Manager - The Fox, Twickenham
The Fox is one of Twickenham's oldest pubs, with some parts more than 300 years old! It has a great mix of traditional and modern areas to give real character to the site and it's surroundings. Here you can find pub classics and beer food with huge growth since our refurbishment a year ago. Local beers from Twickenham Brewery are blended in with nationally & regionally renowned products alongside our popular wines and spirits. When not stepping up the gears to provide to the stadium match goers, the pub is also a local hot spot for good live music, high-quality jazz jam and live bands. Could this energetic pub be the next challenge for you?!
We are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our committed team with the enthusiasm and drive to continue the success of the pub. We need someone who is a natural front of house trainer and instinctively delivers exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for the support and development of the business as well as our fabulous team.
We expect our Assistant Managers to work on their skills to become General Managers, so we are looking for applicants who are ambitious and possess the drive to develop themselves as well as take advantage of our training structures.
Who are we?
- We are part of the Bermondsey Pub Company, an eclectic collection of pubs, bound together by a common vision to create a sense of belonging and individuality, ensuring an outstanding guest experience whatever the occasion. We create a positive environment, celebrate our successes and seek ways to have fun with our teams and guests.
Want to enter a fantastic pub team at a responsible level? We would love to hear from you if:
- You know how to supervise a engaging drinks session and/or a busy food service
- You have great sales skills and feel comfortable stretching customers horizons
- You have a good handle on numbers and understand your Ps & Ls in a P&L
- You have a good commercial nose, an eye for a clever offer and head for marketing schemes
- You know how to prioritise what is trade critical and can manage your and others' time effectively
- You are an effective communicator on all levels; to guests and colleagues alike.
What we Offer You
- Competitive salary
- AM bonus Scheme
- Ongoing training and development to actively support progression within Bermondsey
- 28 days holiday
- 50% staff discount on food and/or drinks in any of our Bermondsey pubs for any colleague and up to 3 guests.
Bermondsey Pub Company are proud to announce our partnership with the Licenced Trade Charity. They are the specialists for pub, bar and brewery workers offering a range of professional advice and support for both physical and mental health issues. All of our team members benefit from this partnership as we work together to create a great support network for our employees.